Saturday 2 February 2008

New week

Hello guys,
How are you, hope everyone is fine? Sorry about the late update but between all our work its hard to get to our computers sometimes but we will get better. Dayo and Dayo unfortunately do not have a website and the wedding was at New Stream Hall. We will do an additional update mid week. Take care and have a great week. Thank you all as always.

Love,
Molara and Gbemi




Meet 2 of the 'KINGS OF COMEDY'


Gbenga Adeyinka the 1st


What the difference between an MC and a Comedian?
The Master Compere or master of ceremonies is the person in charge of letting people know how the event will unfold. (Usually the geeky, serious looking guy with the microphone) but doing a straight job, no quips and witty interjections. The Comedian is that person the is JUST supposed to make you laugh. If he is paid he is under more pressure to deliver.

People say it’s hard for comedians to be Mc’s because you crack the same jokes at every wedding, nothing new and no creativity for weddings?
Well I guess it depends on the M.C, usually I would recommend a good Compere who is also a good comedian for weddings because this would help with the setting and mood of the event. A comedian might not just be appropriate and a Master of Ceremony might not just be good because people might just want to laugh. I have always believed that not every comedian and M.C can handle weddings. It takes a gifted person with all the qualities of a comedian and M.C to successfully steer the ship of the wedding because a lot of things like respect for guest, appropriate handling of protocol and so many other trade secrets are involved. So that’s it basically.

MC’s/Comedians charge N150k – N1mil for a wedding, how do you justify your fee?
Well I guess nothing good comes easy and in my opinion if you want the best then you have to pay. Some people would like to use king Sunny Ade for their wedding while some other can’t just be bothered with who is playing. To them "music is music" if you want a classy wedding then you go for the best. If you go for the best then you have to pay the best. There are no two ways about it. I hope this does not come across as being pompous but it is just the truth.

How do you stay funny?
Well research helps a lot, everyday experiences also help to broaden the mind but I guess the best assistance to being funny is reading.

What do you look forward to at weddings?
The couple coming into the venue always blows my mind. It’s like two young people with all the love in the world in their hearts. Dancing, giving glory to God and deciding to go through life together no matter the odds. I also like the part where the couple kiss. Some brides are so shy to kiss in the presence of their parents and I go ah! You better kiss! Because we already know what you will be doing later, since you have a new drivers licence

What don’t you look forward to?
The Chairman’s advice. A lot of times it is too loooooooooooooooong and boring and this puts pressure on the compere to lift the crowd again. Then the toast can be terrible if the toast master does not know what to say which the case is usually. I believe couples should meet with the M.C before the event to straighten all these out.

We have watched Nigerian Comedy grow; you guys are doing your thing and doing a great job. You know you are appreciated, what should we watch out for from you next?
Well we will not be here without the support of fantastic people like you. We are diversifying into more fields of Comedy which I think is good for the industry. We seem to have concentrated too much on Stand up Comedy and this is why there seems to be the usual talk of repetition. As for me I will be coming out with a monthly Comedy Magazine called Laffmattazz, and I have plans to float a comedy Television Station and I know that my colleagues have plans for other things like a Comedy school and so many other fantastic ideas.

BASKETMOUTH

What the difference between an MC and a Comedian?


People say it’s hard for comedians to be Mc’s because you crack the same jokes at every wedding, nothing new and no creativity for weddings?
We don’t crack d same jokes at weddings..even if we did...it’s our jokes, you don’t buy a shirt...wear it ones at trash it do u?

MC’s/Comedians charge N150k – N1mil for a wedding, how do you justify your fee?
Most times, I don’t charge client by the time, amount of jokes I crack of location of event....I charge for the brand (Basket Mouth)

How do you stay funny?
I really don’t know how I stay funny

What do you look forward to at weddings?
I look forward to the end of every wedding...it’s too demanding

What don’t you look forward to?
I don’t look 4ward to having every body wanting to have their names mentioned at recognised at someone else's wedding...crap

We have watched Nigerian Comedy grow; you guys are doing your thing and doing a great job. You know you are appreciated, what should we watch out for from you next?
Look forward to the best of me


Rants of the Week



Alright people what is it with this jewelry, we have been seeing so many. What is it with huge pendants, coloured beads that do not match your outfit and over long chains? We understand your parents make you were some of them but there must be a way to say no nicely.



Brides and bridesmaid please you have no excue not to SHAVE. Whether you are wearing a strapless dress or not, you MUST shave. Saying you are a bridesmaid and not the bride does not help either - you must SHAVE. It is just nasty for a bride or her bridesmaids to have hair under their armpits on the special day.

11 comments:

Arewa said...

I so agree with shaving of armpits.. i just do not think it is ladylike for a womans pubic hair(armpit)to grow longer than a quater of an inch max... it should always be neat and smell fresh. Trust me I have seen some disgusting ones....kilo de?!!

Arewa said...

Hope u girls are doing ok though... more pictures please!! x x x

Bubblegum Thug said...

lol. If you cant shave for a special event, u obviously cant shave for everyday. Eew thats nasty.lol.

Anonymous said...

lol@the shaving bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
is it me or is Basketmouth getting too big for his own shoes? Even his interview replies are so lame and lazy ;-(
I agree with Gbenga Adeyinka, watching the couple come in is the highlight for me and i love when the couple looks to be having fun, cos everyone takes their cue from that!
what jewelry did you mean in the first rant-the engemnt one?
anyhooooooooo, thanks for updating, now we want more!!
where are molara's brother's wedding pics plllllllllllease!! the website is no longer showing-did they hide it?
love ur blog still

Anonymous said...

CAN YOU UPDATE REGULARLY IT IS GETTING A BORING SEEING THE SAME POST LIKE HUNDRED TIMES

Anonymous said...

Like the previous comment by Moe, it seems like basketmouth feels his too big to even comment on this blog. Everything he said concerning him being a "brand" seems like he heard that term from the streets. He is one comedian giving comedians a bad name, by collecting money from people and giving them recycled jokes and not even being apologetic about it.if i waere to choose who would perform at my event it will be Gbenga Adeyinka becauyse he seems as if he would prepare adequately for your event unlike basketmouth who would turn up because he feels he is doing you a favour after being paid.

Anonymous said...

@Anon.16.59- That sounds so rude!!!!! you dont have to check the 'same posts a hundred times' if you dont want to!! Molara and Gbemi do not exist for you, so please comport yourself....
Weddingvogue, you are doing a great job and please believe more people than you can imagine actually read this blog!! we r just sometimes lazy to comment cos everything is so beautiful its commentless ;-)
i love the rants a lot!!!!
pls put a site counter on the site and you'll see how many hits you get a day

Anonymous said...

I agree with some of the comments about Basketmouth. It seems his ego is getting too big him. I agree with Gbenga about the long boring speeches by the so-called chairman of the occasion. Personally, i think those parts should be scrapped off abeg. Just becos they give the couple loads of money as a gift doesn't mean they're going to take the attention from me o.

About the shaving, ewwwww so grouse. I think it's disgusting that some women don't shave their armpits. Personally, i do shave every 2 days.

Anonymous said...

lol@ chairmen yarning without dropping pepper- i concur!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I had my traditional wedding this past december, and mum was insistent that I where these old fashion beads and her 24 carat gold chain saying "I bought it in London for thousands of pounds". I kindly declined........I did not want some ugly jewelries messing up my clothes. My custom made beads was on point with my aso-oke even my mum had to say that it looked really nice...lol

Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]Phen375 375[/url] are tablets that supporter abridge fuselage weight. Everybody of these tabs has to be taken with ring false, around 20 minutes already a refection, twice a day.