Saturday 1 March 2008

The Guys are here!!!!!


The guys are here talking about their Wedding planning and Wedding day. Also featured this week are our guys rants. Have a nice week!!!


Gbemi & Molara

Wedding Vogue Afternoon

What is Wedding Vogue Afternoon? Well we could not come up with any name for it. We are having an open house. Molara and Gbemi are currently both in London and on 15th March 2008 we will be hosting brides, groom, vendors and would be planner to a very special afternoon. You can stop by to meet with us for free consultations, get to ask all your wedding worry questions/industry questions for free. If you are a vendor looking to spread your wings in Nigeria feel free to stop by as well. We will post the address soon. If you just want to hang out with us, stop by :). Looking forward to meeting you all. Hope to see you all there.


Edward Odejobi

How was the planning process for you?
The wedding planning process was generally fine. I guess it was so because my sister had emotionally blackmailed me into organizing her wedding about a year and a half before mine. She wasn't around until about a week and a half to the dates so she dished out instructions over the telephone.

What part of the wedding did you enjoy the most?

Dancing!! The music was great. EVERYONE was on the dance floor at both events especially at the wedding reception. Music has a great impact on how lively and fun an event is - I duff my hat to Akin & the Suga band. We just couldn't stop dancing. It was made better by the smiling faces of our guests who were having the time of their lives too.

If you could change anything what would it be?

Absolutely nothing. All went according to plan. No nasty surprises with our vendors hence my wife was all smiles - and my oh my, she looked so beautiful. :) No hitches or delays with the church service or reception which was great for me (I'm not a great fan of long and boring speeches). That left us with loads of time for grooving......

Advice for grooms

a) Guys by God's grace you'll go through the whole process just once in your lifetimes (it better be only once unless you want to go bankrupt ......lol).

b) Take control of managing stress levels and remain focused on the prize - your bride. Don't let an event of two days affect your happiness thereafter. Therefore don't flare up at the slightest upset or unreasonable expense presented to you.

c) Do the thinking about life after the wedding and don't get involved in expenses you know you truly cannot afford in the name of making your bride happy or meeting up with societal expectations.

d) Most importantly trust God, he's a great provider) Married life (with the right person) is bliss. After the events, you'll wonder what the anxiety was all about and why you didn't get married earlier. :)

On a final note, The Federal Ministry of Health highly recommends marriage to all. So guys relax and look forward to signing those dotted lines. It's really not as bad as it's made out to be. Wish you all the peace and happiness you desire in life.

Abdul-Gafar Oreagba

How was the planning process for you?

Very interesting i guess. Between my wife n mum they had it all sorted.

What part of your wedding day did you enjoy the most?


Seeing all my friends and my wife's friends all enjoying themselves. Also, i really enjoyed my suit; it fitted like a glove.

If you could change anything what would it be?


NOTHING.




Advice for grooms


Pray to God.


Jojo Kamson



How was the wedding planning process for you?


The wedding process was very easy for me, my job was to write the checks, say yes and try to keep my wife from beating up the wedding planner when she got too frustrated.

What did you enjoy most on your wedding day?


I enjoyed seeing my wife's big smile as well as all the people who can to share in our great day.

If you could change anything about the day what would it be?


I would have had the reception closer to the church. (it took an hour plus to get from the church to the reception)

Any advice to grooms about to get married?


Grooms, give your wife full control, as guys we really don't care, allow her to do what she wants for that day.Every now and then just shakara her that there is no more money and that way she may end up spending a little less, but get your pocket book ready.

Dolapo Ogunmoyero






How was the wedding planning process for you?


It was very hectic. my wife was abroad most of the preparation time so i had to be the interface between both families.i did not use the services of a wedding planner either, so it was really tough.

What did you enjoy most on your wedding day?


Really?....i enjoyed the end, when it was time to be alone.everything else was us trying to conform to people's expectations.

If you could change anything about the day what would it be?

I would gladly change a few things, but this one thing must go:parental interference.they almost ran us crazy.it was their event not ours. 'this is how its done, that is how its done'.that's all we kept hearing.

Any advice to grooms about to get married?Beware of your fiance(loll),she has dreamt about that day almost all her life, so everything has to be fairytale.try to give her a reality check. it will save your marriage.



Dele Philips

How was the wedding planning process for you?

My wife's family handled much of the event(s) so I wasn't that involved (Luckily). It was obvious that the organisation and overall deliverance of the events were top quality, because the remarks given afterwards were all great... I know the Dokpesi's went through enormous efforts to make sure nothing had been forgotten. I praise Dolapo (My wife)'Super Girl' for her good work and also my family and friends for their contributions and support during both events...Also, both families gave continuous praise to the the creativity provided by the planners. "Good show"

What did you enjoy most on your wedding day?


The moment I was locked in a dance with Dolapo. That was probably the biggest moment of my life. I never had so many people looking at me at once (apart from when i was disciplined in secondary school during assembly in front of many). During the dance, that was when it hit me... "Shuks, I'm married you know?"


If you could change anything about the day what would it be?


That would be the departure of my Grandfather "Papa" on the same day. I would liked him to have been there during my dance, so that he can laugh at my moves. But since he was somewhere better anyway, i can't blame him at all. I know he had a smooth journey all the way...

Any advice to grooms about to get married?


This is Del's directory to getting married. You must follow these for early success... You can either be enjoying your first few months together in front of the television enjoying her cooking. Or she can be screaming at you while you have your head in your hands asking God "what have i done?"


You must: 1. Make sure you are really in love with her and she's someone you can spend the rest of your life with (Don't be scared about the last part)


2. Both of you go to a group marriage counselling (Its ok... you will learn some new things about each other here... take a 3 month course like i did)


3. Learn to compromise. You gotta change a bit... Nod your head when she speaks and give her a few good comments a year (joking about the year) when she'd not expecting it.


4. Get closer to God. Pray together in the morning before you leave for work (just 5 min, take it in turns) and go to church on Sundays. Ask God for a good marriage... Peace.


Todays' rants are the onces recieved from guys:

1. Ladies quit saying, 'wont you help with the planning' when you don't really want us too. If we pick red flowers you say no, we pick gulder for reception you say tacky, we say I want Rasco on my train, you say hes too razz. Abeg just plan the wedding, I will show up and still love you.

2. When dancing into the reception, if you know you can dance please let me do it for both of us. Don't hold me back saying baby chill, cos I know if you were the better dancer God help me.



3. Can I write my own 'Grooms Response' PLEASE!! I may not want to thank you or your uncle first, I just want to speak from my heart - you will be surprised.

4. FYI- We don't really like you kneeling to feed us cake but please do it because you look good to my family. Cut the 90's girl %^&*$ - its not cool.

53 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol @ toyin abt the chairman!!I feel you chairmen can be very annoying...they will be saying story of 20 yrs ago..how they meet the groom and small he was.when he used to wear wife beater and pant abt the house....how him and d groom or brides father went to Igboko high school...and how they were in balewa house and ran the 400 maranthon in 1876.....and aw the QUeen of england when she came to 9ja...how the wife should kneel down....blah blah blah and then they spoil all ur plans for the day by interupting all d time!!!they dont care abt d fun you and ur friends are planning to have that day...after all d wedding is about the parents and their friends abi now?

onydchic said...

Kneeling to feed the guy cake? A bit ridiculous if you ask me. I never even knew people did that until the most recent wedding I went to, and it was tres awkward cos the guy was not a midget. He was half bent over, and she was stretching uncomfortably. It didn look nice. All of us on our table were just going, 'Jeez, just get up and give the guy the cake and let's move on from this foolishness.'
What makes sense to me is if they're both sitting down. There's nothing to it abeg. its cake. I wont start battling with that on my wedding.

Anonymous said...

@anon!!
OMG- u've killed me with "when he used to wear wife beater and pant abt the house."!!!
dying of laughter and my boss is sitting opposite me!!oh lord!!
nice to see or rather hear the guy's perspective on things very,very funny! naija guys r the best!!!!
what r the details of this affternoon of weddingvogue-where,time, item 7 nko?

Uzo said...

|OOOOOOOOOOh. Love this. From a guy's point of view. I have always thought it so wrong that brides take absolute control of the wedding day...Then again i understand why (my friend's husband had his boys all change during the reception into their Manchester United jerseys and they spent like 10 minutes causing ruckus as they screamed soccer songs). Anyway, i love this.

Now onto their rants - what is the use of a Chairman at a reception? A man that dances? Its usually the opposite..the brides outdo their grooms...but it shouldnt matter me thinks...the kneeling down to feed the groom...emm...interesting but i say, that if she has to kneel, can you at least stand up and bend to feed her or something. The worst thing i have seen - and i have seen it a lot is to have her go down on her knees, then its his turn, and he just turns in his chair and pops the cake into her mouth.,..Ish...

Bubblegum Thug said...

lol @ the kneeling down culture. I thought most pple did it for show, or "eye service"?

Chairman is played out abeg. Leave the chairman rubbish a lone, so is high table.

I love the Manchie jersey idea. lol. That is too mad. some pple know how to have fun jare.

Anonymous said...

Great job guys! I always come to this blog to check how far and I am never disappointed! God bless you and add more feathers to your caps!

Anonymous said...

Gbemi and Molara dont leave us like that for so long. Do you know how I have missed you. great to have you back. anon 19.22 u are so right I am never disappointed. It is so good to hear from the guys their rants are so real and down to earth.I will be at the wedding vogue afternoon with my 8 bridesmaids,I will be the crazy girl hugging and kissing u all for your great work........muah

Anonymous said...

wow!! u girls came back with a slammer!!like HRC D=did in texas!!
love thi post.Naija men are the sexiest ish!!!
they are so sensitive, they really love their women and only 'shakara' us as Jojo Kamson said!!lol
i think th chariman thing happens mostly where the parents pay for stuff, once saw a wedding reception where the bride and groom knelt down and dobale'd for uncle Shubby of FCMB, i'm like did he give them a house on the island ni?
this is the best post yet!!!
Anjola

Anonymous said...

The 1st rant is sooo true!my boo syas it all the time... i really just want hime to agree with me GBAM, no dissenting views allowed...
but its a tricky line a guy walks, trying to figure out what madam wants so he can pick the right answer!!
beautiful couples and kudos to guys who have to do a lot of the running around, quite a change from the norm, abi?

Anonymous said...

this post really made me laugh!!
lovely blog u have here
from a canadian fan

Anonymous said...

this post really made me laugh!!
lovely blog u have here
from a canadian fan

AJ said...

(Cough, cough), Mademoiselles, the Madam is back and so r my chics, Gbems and Mollie Mols ... wat a way to come back in FULL FORCE jare... God bless una for the mens view o! I am just feeling them on most levels.

Big T, we commented about the chairman issue a few blogs ago, me I say skip da peeps, its about u and no baba elegba stories.
Its unfortunate about d other guy and the parents running the show. That, I think is tragic.

Well I will come back for the rants, don't let me use up ALL my minutes.

Love ya chicas

Arewa said...

Thank Godness... Love this post.. its good to know what guys think about the planning weddings too as i know they tend to say that the wedding is a womans thing... oh and im realy feeling the last point in your rant about kneeling down to feed them cake ...lol

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Lmap@ the rants...Rasco is too razz buhahahaha

Its nice to read from the mens pov.

Keep up the good work, and please update more often.I know you're busy chics, but pls try, thanks in advance...lol

Have a blessed month!

O'Dee said...

Lol @ d rant on if u cant dance let me do it 4 both of us...
4nee but its true.

I need some1 to do my hair 4 my wedding, any suggestions???

Anonymous said...

First of all, I think women should kneeel, why not? When we guys chop dust after all the prostrating we do to your parents. Its the same arguement women have, "o that are we going to be kneeling down to give him food?" I give that back to you ,
'are we going to be prostrating and kissing the floor everytime we see you folks", both answers no!!But we guys, smile and do it, without complaining. We see it as a one off thing and so we do it!! The time spent by women talking about this issue is the same time they would have used to have knelt down, eaten, danced and if fact given birth to their last borns. Dont get me wrong about the 90's woman. it certaininly has its positives but like everything in life you just have to learn to choose your battles

From The Association of Married men

Anonymous said...

This guy God bless you jere! Naija women we tend to take things to the extreme. If you are Yoruba, it is a cultural thing... so SUCK IT UP and just do it...if you are Christian, it is biblical - so what is the bellyaching all about..
Oh I guess the girls that dont kneel are now more English than the queen and are 'tush' or somn! Please I went to college too o and I know how to speak some dictionary SAT, GRE to boot, English so if u don't kneel that does not make you better than I who kneels...
Won ma ma pose ni be..
Phew :D off my soap box and btw if you are non yoruba much respect to you, this certainly does not have to apply to you so rock on ...

Anonymous said...

THANK GOD, U GUYS ARE BACK BLOGGING. A VERY REFRESHING PERSPECTIVE FROM GUYS ABOUT THE WEDDING PANORAMA.THE LAST 2 ANONS B4 ME HIT IT BULL'S EYE. OLUWADEE, DONT KNOW IF U R IN NIGERIA OR ELSEWHERE, BUT IF IN NIGERIA, LAGOS TO B PRECISE-THERE ARE LOADS OF PLACES WHERE U COULD GET YOUR BRIDAL HAIR DONE. PLACES LIKE BOBBY'S, HAIRKRAFT,DOWNTOWN , MAKE-ME,KAYZ & SO ON.THERE ALSO OTHER NICE SALONS SPREAD AROUND TOWN WHERE U'D GET UR HAIR ALL FABULOUSLY DONE UP.

Anonymous said...

to the President and able SAT-(nav) & GRE-(enabled)supporters of Married Men's association!!

ehhhn- dont get it twisted- we kneel down heaps of time at the engagement!!!

geeez, we are talking of the wedding reception- where did the cake cutting culture come from- no doubt a couple of freaks tha arose after the 90's... afturus()yoruba culture from tetete has norin to do with cake/gucci suit/prada tie or TM Lewin, so dont be choosing the 'culture' you want at the reception.

Women (and i did) happily kneel at the engemnt, smile, pick the bible when they want to pick the pineapple or other igba stuff...

its the reception people! if you can wear the gucci you suit, you can leave that kneeling down to feed u one razz cake ish at the door-yeah?
otherwise, wear agbada on the wedding day and we'll be on our knees all day, not only at night(saucy wink)

this culture needs to fade- sharpish!!

Mrs. Sue-me-ididn't -kneel- and-my husband-is- the- president- of Married- Men's- Association

Anonymous said...

lol!!! These comments left by weddings vogues readers are the best yet.I do not agree with the last person.I'm a woman and do not agree with you saying that culture has changed. I saw my grandparents wedding the other day, and my grandfather was wearing a suit and my grandmother a white wedding dress.Am I dreaming or what are we still doing today? To me it boils down to insecurity by women of today!!!! I have spoken to a lot of men including my husband and they all say the same thing they do not want their wives to kneel but what gets them upset is how women violently protest about it,and it makes them feel as if "so you dont even feel am worth it" "whats the big deal". issues like this have been known to end some intended wedding because the grooms felt that the woman was going to be unsupportive and overall rebelious on a lot family issues.. na wa o. Its a shame that little issues like this is how some women want to start a marriage.

Anonymous said...

its a shame its little issues like this that men too want to start a marriage!

what kind of guy really? wants her to kneel down to feed him cake?
do men really need that to feel like 'big boss'
this is probably a refelction of the attitude that women are somewhat inferior to men!!
Insecurity? thats what oppressors say to try to dwon play the position of the aggressed- fine ojoro cancel at the engement, what do we say of the reception? its rather retarded as I willl feel very weird if the shoe was on the other foot (please dnt bring up the bended knees proposal crap- that- i say just porpose already jare)
that said it is interesting that some women support this kneeling thing- its like if i did it, you must do it!!each to their own, how does it affect the price of garri?
pity if it causes probs because

"the grooms felt that the woman was going to be unsupportive and overall rebelious on a lot family issues"- that groom got issues- it also implies that the person rebelling is in the position of slave?child?student? but not a full fledged member of the decision making body!!
my 50 cents..... this topic is tiring so each person should just do what they want when the time comes or reconcile themselves to what was done at their own time...

ps at above commenter- how sweet, i love looking at my parent's wedding album (she sure didnt kneel to give no cake!)

whereas!!

Anonymous said...

just to let u know based on the topic above i am starting a new blog for married women will keep u posted cause i do think we sweat the small stuff.

Anonymous said...

gan gan"Chinese movie sound " this is serious dont know what to say as everybody as said it from both point of views very interesting topic and comments though

Anonymous said...

Very interesting topic, all I can say is we women sometimes sweat the small things...the funniest thing about this topic if you asked most husabnds 20years from now,if we knelt to give them cake ,Im telling you three quarters of them will either say they cant remember or say the wrong thing. So if men can't put such things in their long term memory.It makes us women who are protesting vehemently,raisings placards all seem like we just like to stress on things that dont need stressing

Wedding Vogue said...

lollll. we are currently putting together our comments but we have to tell everyone that we will be bringing the guys more often because we see that their week has brought more of you out lollll. Thank you all as always.

Godisalive said...

love ur blog. pls blog more often. will be in touch sometime nxt yr lol when i begin my planning x

Anonymous said...

It has been said over and over that kneeling at your wedding reception is more of a yoruba culture and though I have reservtions abt it, my conclusion is choose the battles you want to fight wisely.

Anonymous said...

Wow! where do i start to comment? I thought this blog entry was very funny and cute, but hey the comments is something else. I say do what you think is right from your point of view, afterall one man's meat is another man's poison

Anonymous said...

Hmm I will be back with my comments.. very interesting discourse

GRE enable supporter of Married men assc....;D
this title na wa o lol

Anonymous said...

@ Mrs Sue - me I didn't kneel down....

LOL nice one I have to say... well we cannot throw the baby out with the bath water now can we. We incorporate elements of our culture into ceremonies and things like that - this does not mean we have to go to town and back to the old oyo empire era now so e kool down!
That said, I am not for all the kneeling to feed him cake either but I am at the ceremony where everyting I say (or in most cases not say -heck not supposed to speak (?!?!)) is under some kind of scrutiny, in which I am, we are the cynosure of all my family's and his family's (yikes) eyes....Is that where I want to proving 90s liberated woman? I mean cmon! The fact that I kneel to feed him at the ceremony is really more of a symbolic act of how I would generally respect my husband and does not mean I am doomed to a lifetime of knoobly knees and bended back...
Anyway I guess it's a matter of 'to each her own'.
If I were not yoruba I would never even be bothered with this issue here cos it is largely a yoruba cultural norm so...

GRE enabled SAT - nav supporter of married men ;D

Anonymous said...

lol@ above,

Touche!

Glad it was read in the light hearted spirit in which i wrote it!!

I'm sure if i had to I would have,i.e if the chairman decided to 'show'me- but sometimes i really push the argument just to get the president's goat!!! lol

as you rightly said, to each his own!!

great post and cheers!

Mrs. Sue-me ;-)

Anonymous said...

LOL Mrs Sue -

Thanks o jere...great minds end up thinking alike, what can I say ;D
Yes i know that whole devil's advocate bit u got goin there lol.
We'll see what I'll do at my wedding reception...ha!

xoxo
GRE, Sat erhh you know the rest

Anonymous said...

viagra online without prescription how to order viagra from us - buy viagra online from us

Anonymous said...

viagra online without prescription generic viagra review - buy viagra no prescription online

Anonymous said...

buy soma online is soma muscle relaxer a narcotic - generic soma 446

Anonymous said...

buy soma online description of soma medication - cheapest soma online

Anonymous said...

buy soma soma drug test detection - watch deadly soma 2 online

Anonymous said...

soma drug cheap eats soma sf - soma narcotic

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol 100mg buy online - buy tramadol ireland

Anonymous said...

cialis online cialis and alcohol - daily use cialis reviews

Anonymous said...

xanax online xanax g3720 - generic xanax gg 249

Anonymous said...

xanax for anxiety xanax street value 1mg - pass drug test xanax 24 hours

Anonymous said...

tadalafil tablets cialis reviews professional - cialis free printable coupon

Anonymous said...

cialis professional cheap cialis next day delivery - cialis uses

Anonymous said...

http://buytramadolonlinecool.com/#91646 tramadol er 100mg - tramadol 50 mg recommended dosage

Anonymous said...

http://landvoicelearning.com/#51438 tramadol 50 mg kapszula - buy tramadol without rx

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol cod legal buy tramadol online us - get high tramadol hcl 50mg

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol high vs hydrocodone - tramadol hcl 150 mg

Anonymous said...

http://www.integrativeonc.org/adminsio/buyklonopinonline/#use klonopin .75mg - buy klonopin online overnight

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online trusted online pharmacy tramadol - tramadol addiction dosage

yanmaneee said...

golden gooses
nhl jerseys
nike cortez men
curry 6
lebron 16
fitflop
jordan retro
adidas tubular
nike air force
coach factory outlet

Unknown said...

replica bags philippines a fantastic read j9t35b4l44 replica bags forum pop over to this web-site w1r00s0s63 replica gucci replica bags by joy replica bags philippines greenhills hermes replica handbags b4p42s5k61 replica bags manila

Unknown said...

u9s41c1p19 d5f02u9z17 e2h58c5b81 s1p72q2r34 v6e00r2j76 a5z03f2s09