Wednesday 7 November 2007

It's almost Friday

Hello people,
How are you all doing? Thank you for your emails and phone calls. We will like to thank you for your pictures as well, we will post most pictures but if we have not posted yours yet it is because we are recieving a lot and we have to go in order, unless......... :)
We are still searching for the hottest wedding, if you think its yours, your sisters, brothers, friends etc - send in your pictures. Have a lovely week.

Gbemi and Molaraxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Question of the week

You have been a size 14 most of your life, why do you want to be a size 6 for your wedding. Why do most brides want to 'over-slim' down for thier wedding vs being fit (toned)

Vendor of the Week


Our vendor of the week is Ayoteju of BCG Event Decor, read her interview below and see some of her works as well.
What is BCG Creations?

BCG Event Decor is a one of a kind event decor company, that specializes in creating event designs for the client who wants more than just an event,; who wants an experience, an experience made in HEAVEN.

Who is Ayoteju?

Ayoteju, is a Child of God, who is passionate about the gift He has given her; which is to display His Glory through the works of her hands.

What is your vision for bridal decoration in the years to come?

The vision for "Event Decor" ( I don't want to limit BCG Event Decor to just weddings), is to create one of a kind experiences. People should remember your event for a lifetime, not just for the food or the band, but the entire package, especially the ambiance. It should evoke an emotion and that is what BCG Event Decor looks to deliver.

Where are you located?

I am located in Maryland, USA or the Greater Washington DC area if you would prefer. However my goal is to expand beyond MD and the United States, soon enough, I want BCG Event Decor to be an International company.

What are your prices like?

As far as pricing goes, I would say they are commesurate with the quality of my work. I believe that my business is a product, and for the discriminating client, they would appreciate the quality of my product as it relates to pricing. Like I have said, this to me is a GIFT from God. And with that comes an extra ordinary passion that fuels me to always give it my all and best. No one event should ever be the same; that is my motto and obviously my goal. We are all created, uniquely and wonderfully and your event should reflect YOU.




Proposal of the Week
Oma & Jojo

How we got engaged

Oma:

Like every girl, I had imagined how I wanted to be proposed to, not taking into consideration that it is the guy's call. My imagination became wishful thinking in December 2005.
Three nights to Christmas of 2005, I had gotten into a big fight with Jojo and as far as we were concerned, we had broken up. Somehow, on the 24th, we got chatting online trying to resolve our differences and he ended up taking me to dinner. The following day (Christmas day), he picked me up from my place and we went to church together. After church, I went over to his place where his family was gathered for christmas. After a while, I noticed he wasn't downstairs so I went in search of him. I found him in his room lying on his bed in a meditative mood. I was wondering what was wrong with him then he asked me to pass a bag to him. I did, he brought out a box and handed it over to me saying "here's your christmas gift". I took it expecting it to be an earring and when I opened the box, it was a ring! I waited a while for him to say something but he didn't. I gave him the ring and asked what this was meant to be and his response was "THE RING SAYS IT ALL". Wow! There was NO will you marry me? There went my "imaginary ideal proposal". We told our parents about the ring and said there would be no wedding until after my MBA. Little did I know there was more to come.
On 17 February 2007, Jojo called to find out when I was gonna be done with classes on Monday Feb. 19th. I told him noon and was wondering what errand he wanted me to run. Then he said, be ready at 6.30pm the dress code is business casual. I then assumed that we were going out with his colleagues. You know, something official.
When we got to the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch on 19 February 2007, I realized that he had booked a table for 2 at their restaurant. He started off with a toast to his future wife, many more years together, love --------. That was not the norm but I still did not suspect anything. Whilst having our dinner, the waitress brought two tickets for a gondola ride and I remembered Jojo asking her if the show would be on since it had begun raining. I still had no clue of Jojo's intentions and thought it was one of his usual treats.
After dinner, it was raining heavily so we couldn't go on our ride. Jojo excused himself and asked me to sit in the lounge. When he got back he sat down. I was wondering if we were waiting for the rain to stop or what? Then he started talking incoherently which is NOT Jojo, because my man is a smooth talker. He said "I know I am rambling, this is not perfect because if it were perfect it wouldn't be raining now, When people ask for a ladies hand in marriage they give them a ring, but I have something other than a ring to give you". And then he brought out a diamond bracelet and wore it round my wrist. I was so confused that all I could say was thank you over and over again and ---(see me for more details, ha ha).
I always dreamt of being proposed to on a ship cruise. I came close to being proposed on a boat rather than a ship but the rain prevented it. By the way, I never shared my dream proposal with Jojo nor with anyone that could have mentioned it to him.
A word of advice to everyone, please don't stop dreaming because I can testify that dreams do come true. We are who we think of ourselves. So think good thoughts towards you and have high aspirations. God Bless.

Jojo:

My darling Oma is a romantic, while I am your typical Nigerian man, simple and short. Left to me I would have had her go with me to pick out the ring, but knowing her I wanted to do it right. So I had planned dinner at the Hyatt and we were suppposed to go on a Gondola ride where they would sing in italian to us and I was going to propose then. But that was not to be. It was raining cats and dogs, so my carefully planned proposal was being destroyed. Being the creative person Oma has made me, I improvised. I grabbed some chairs in the lounge, and yes I did ramble a litte, then I asked the most important question of my life "Will you marry me?" I dont remember her saying yes, but I guess she did since we are planning on geting married on the 22nd of December. I guess it's all good.








8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you guys!!! That was certainly a proposal with a twist- naija guy- simple and short they may be but they really do love their women :)
i love BCG's work-its beautiful and i like the grace with w/c ayoteju carries herself, only met her on the comment pages of this blog but she strikes me as a very lively person...
PS-there seems tpo be a slight formating problem with the interview of the week!
More posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ladies, d pics from Yewande & Ibidapo's wedding aren't showing o. Pls make u adjust am.

Anonymous said...

For more of Ayoteju's work got to:
http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/BCG.Event.Decor.a.glimpse.of.Heaven.443-983-9532

Anonymous said...

wienna,
yewande's pics r below kenny & busola's

Arewa said...

wienna the pictures you posted of the venue and set up are too small. Can u please post them agian on your next update..ppplleeaaassee. x x

AJ said...

Hi Ms. Gbems, thanx for the "feature". I am truly honored. & Ms. Moe, back @ ya!!!!
I thank God for His gift and His blessinmg in my life.

Lots of people have been to my weblisting, both appreciators and haters ... and forgive me but I have to go there today. I just checked my weblisting and realized "someone" got onto my weblisting and gave me a bad review, I have since then deleted it because I believe "if u ain't got NOTHING nice to say, then please DON'T SAY ANYHING at all". & What was this haters gripe that I gave myself a fantastic review. Please join me on this people, if you do not appreciate the gift of God in your life, who will? Is that not the essence of Advertising and Marketing 101? Take your strengths and tell the whole wide world why you are #1 nand the very best out there... Check out my weblisting at:http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/BCG.Event.Decor.a.glimpse.of.Heaven.443-983-9532, click on slide show and then check out my reviews.

At least I am not trying to pass off someone else's work as mine.

Anyhow as I said before, not everyone has to appreciate what I do, I don't know why people just can't be happy for others?

WOW!!!! I was blown away and like I said I deleted their comment. Of course I am not ignorant, it is obvious who is leaving the review on my weblisting because it publishes your name ...

I know I know Moe, "the agony aunt" in me is at it again. Anyhow, thank God that I do not need people to validate me.

Anonymous said...

awon aye"peoples" y aint u happy when someone is doing good dats y good things dont happen in your life .My sister dont mind them,they cant have what you have n attain good things like you r doing;hence d hating on you.Been to your weblisting ayoteju n ur work is Fab Like sunny Ade said (Won le ma binu Let them say )

ShadeCrown said...

Goodluck to ayoteju.. do ur thing and let dem haters keep u motivated. Just visited the link, all the very best.


Dat was a nice proposal.. awwwwww real sweet too. Goodluck guys!!