Monday 29 October 2007

This week

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are having a great week? Sorry about the slow week but we will catch up soon

Enjoyxxxxx
Gbemi & Molara


Question of the week

What is the one thing you feel is most important to you for your wedding, that you are willing to spend anything on and why?



We have seen some ugly cakes (excuse us!) but this.............................is just scary or what do you all think.



Thanks Ayoteju for the pictures, lolll








Vendor of the Week








Our vendor of the week is Ronke Nedd based in Ghana, specializes in bridal accessories (white wedding and traditional Engagement). Read her interview below.



Name of collection
Ronke Nedd Inc.

Website or contact details
Phone: +233 24 930 5477
Email: adronke@gmail.com

How long does the order process take?
A day to a week depends on the complexity.

Why jewellery making?
I will be the first to tell you I wasn't born with this but it was an interest I developed. I had a desire to do this and I went for it. I love stones, I just can't help it!

Do you have any formal training?
Well, I don't know if this passes for formal but I took a one day course to harness my skills but a lot of what I know comes from research I have done. I soak in a lot of information pretty quickly and that has come in extremely handy for me.

Do you train people interested in making jewellery?
Not yet. I hope to get there as there is still a lot of ground to cover.

How did you start?
From the very beginning! (Laughs)!

How has the market been for you?
Considering how new I am in this, I would dare say it has been pretty receptive although I am still working on my reach but I am grateful to God for what I have done so far!

What would you say the look is for Nov – Jan Brides?

Do not be scared to accessorize, lots of colours as well but do it right

What is your price range?

It really depends on the type of stones used but my pieces are chic and affordable.

What stones are expensive – which ones are not?
I believe every stone is a classic as they all have stories behind them and I treat them all as such but there are four stones whose reputation precede them and they are Diamonds, Emeralds, Sapphire and Ruby.

3 words to describe your pieces:
Chic, Versatile, Swank

3 words to describe you:
Intrepid, Multifaceted and Adventurous!

Something people should know about your collection
All clasps are made out of 96% gold.

Wedding of the Week

Ataome & Olatunji










Ataome & Olatunji
Church Venue – Catholic Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
Reception Venue – Four Seasons Hotel
Location – Atlanta , Georgia


What was your favorite part of the wedding?

To be honest, the favorite part of our wedding was seeing all our planning and hard work come to fruition. The ceremony and reception turned out just the way we wanted and we couldn’t be more blessed. We had such a blast and having all our friends and family there to celebrate with us and seeing everyone having such a good time made us absolutely happy.

How was the planning process for you?

Two words – WORRY FREE. I pretty much did not stress over the little things and did not turn into a BRIDEZILLA (my bridesmaids can attest to that). I knew what I wanted, stuck to my decisions and set out to find the best possible bargains. Also, our families were great, especially our parents who pretty much let us take the reins without interference. Finally and most importantly, it was hella fun.

If you could change anything, what would it be?
Hmm! That’s a hard one because I think we are content with the way things turned out.

If you could add anything, what would it be?

My mom could not attend due to circumstances beyond our control and would have loved/killed to have her there you know.

Any advice for Brides-to-be?

You cannot pray enough, do not sweat the small stuff, learn when to let go, throw procrastination out the window, and do not ruin/neglect your role in your relationship because you are solely focused on the wedding day itself. A wedding is one day but a marriage union is a lifetime. And ladies, most importantly, do have fun planning your dream wedding.
Thank you for sharing your story with us.








22 comments:

YankeeNaija said...

I know the question asked for one thing I'd spend money on, no matter the cost but I have two: food/beverage (I consider that one item because you can't have one without the other) and music. You have to ask yourself why people go to weddings, aside from seeing who's wearing what. People always remember how great the food was and how much fun they had and sparing no expense on both will ensure that your event will be considered the event of the year. Those are my thoughts.

YankeeNaija said...

In response to the cake, that is hideous and would give me nightmares if I had attended that wedding. What were they thinking?

Anonymous said...

seems like it was a lovely wedding

AJ said...

Hello everyone, I decided to go with my screen name ... This of course is Ayoteju ... Anyhow, let me first make a few comments about that cake ... "YEPA!!!!", "OH MY GOSH!!!!", "HIDEOUS", "UNNATURAL" and I could go on and on, however I WON'T. I'll be nice ... outside of that though, I must give the cake lady credit, pulling that off took some creativity.

Now Ata and Tunji's wedding ... AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! What can I say but beautiful, classy and well done ... This is the first Nigerian wedding that I have seen and I am 100% inmpressed with, why? Because it just looked amazing. They did not skim on anything and if they did, it sure did not look like it.

Anonymous said...

That cake is pure nastiness! Thank God you gave us another extreme- Ataome & Olatunji's wedding looks really classy. Check out the cake.simple and elegant-just the way I want mine done.
like your blog!

Anonymous said...

hello peeps if u guys where to do deco like that of the wedding posted in naija how much will it cost ?Need responce please

Anonymous said...

why not send them apersonal email and get specific too?
I 've seen some of their work and its really nice, only pity is because in naija we never have small weddings, you see tonnescrowd and it doesnt always feel as elegant or classy...
gbemi has a functioning website- www.myomegaevents.com, i stalk her gallery all the time!i second yankee naija chick on food (and allits appertuances) and music

Arewa said...

Damn that is one hell of an Ugly cake..lol

Pictures from Ataome & Olatunji's wedding are soo lovely.. I see that the groom had been doing a lot of kissing (as he looks to be waring lip gloss...lol). May God Bless thier union.

Now.. i have a question ooh... i am currently brainstorming colours for my wedding and have seem to love the colour ....Coral and ideas of colours that might compliment it...?
Thanks ladies x x x

Anonymous said...

thanks moe will do n yea dres nothing like a small wedding or strictly by IV in naija wish i could ve one then i know how many to cater for precisely

Anonymous said...

well moe my wedding theme is Coral,Lime n a touch of gold
but Coral goes with yellow,Red,Peach,champagne n Ivory depending on what u want

Arewa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

hi, i'm not molara,the blogger- my name is motunde,reader and bride to be and i was passing a comment o!!lol
i guess the real experts will take you up

Anonymous said...

i love this blog:) and i was at ata's wedding-beautiful and very cosy wedding

Shaywun said...

Very nice wedding indeed! I was actually leaving a comment regarding the human bride looking cake. Someone sent it to me in an email yesterday and I decided to blog about it today. I stop by here this evening and what am I haunted by again? The same cake! Lord have divine mercy o.

Anyway Ayoteju please I don't know if someone passed this on to you or if you personally know the person who is responsible for the cake, but I would like to know the person perhaps I could put the person to good and better use when it's time for me to brainstorm my engagement cake ideas. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

What an ugly cake. Saw d pic on a famous blog not too long ago and i was shocked. I don't understand why an ordinary cake should have to take d main attention at a wedding.

Congrats to d couple. But i'm not really feeling d bridesmaids' dresses.

AJ said...

ROLWL (Roaring out loud with laughter!!!!) My goodness that cake most have just evoked nightmares ... Sorry lady, I had to share ... Gbems, thanks for posting it ... I think I am going on the hunt for wierd wedding cakes ... If I see anything else, I'll pass it on ...

Shaywun, NO o I don't know the fantabulous cake dzgner o! Wish I did, like I said, there seems to be mad talent but it could have been put to greater use. The cake is just competing with the bride and the scary thing is that IT DOES look like her, like a midget or something ... brrrrrr ... It makes me shiver.

Anyhow, let us thank God for all the other brides out there who are not sooooooo extreme.

blj said...

nice wedding we have there, peeps i'm thinking of a color theme for my wedding i have too many colors in my head already. i'm sure of gold but not yet decided on other matching colors like mint green . any suggestions.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your engagement. What time of year is your wedding? I have seen shades of gold with the following colors that looked really nice - mint green/sage/celadon/chocolate brown (winter wedding)/shades of pink/ivory/cream/surprisingly baby blue for a more contemporary feel/fuschia/burgundy and black

Anonymous said...

Abeg......u guys where can I get a matching shoes and bag for my traditional wedding in Nigeria?

Anonymous said...

try opebi alen or alade market they have loast of shops that sell nice shoes or even the surulere shopping mall at shitta.there is a shoe and mag store there.

Anonymous said...

please i need an event decorator for my wedding in Nigeria.someone affordable and that will do a great job.

Anonymous said...

I can recoommend Molara Akinosho of Just Weddings, her info is posted on the blog and she is one of the facilitators of this here blogspot.